We want to show you how to make the neckline of Jonna’s Virginia sweater. The sweater itself is easy-peasy – and so is the neckline, but we would like to make it even more easy with these photos.
Once you have reached the “Neckline” part of the directions, you need to fold the neckline and sew its stitches (which are waiting on a piece of scrap yarn) together with the WS stitches.
1) Weave in a length of thread (use a different colour for more visibility) 8 rounds below the stitches on hold.
2) Fold the neckline inwards and sew the live stitches one by one to the stitches in the round marked with the thread.
3) When the seam is finished, remove the thread.
4) Take care not to pull the yarn you are sewing with too tightly. Weave in your ends carefully.
5) Repeat for the other side.
Please note that the neckline may roll a bit inwards, but it will even out with finishing.
P.S. Problems with unraveling the provisional cast on? This is how we like to do it: one stitch at the time – just to make sure that we do not miss one stitch.